$10/hr foodie

a food blog for cheapskates!

Friday, July 07, 2006

Chocolate Sauerkraut Cake


cake
Originally uploaded by katez0r.

rich, moist, and perfect with a few sliced strawberries on top to cut the richness. I used butter from Rogue Creamery (which can be found at any Portland farmer's market) its high fat content made the glaze buttery to the point of being obscene. It was almost too much.

This is David Lebovitz recipe.

I'm not sure if anyone reads this, but over the coming week I'm off to Rochester, New York -- a place not known for food, but has the most incredible burgers you'll ever eat, and the best grocery store in the world. Whole Foods ain't got nothin' on Wegmans.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Tea said…

    Gosh that looks good!
    I look forward to hearing about Wegmans. Have a good trip.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Melindy said…

    Hello there-
    I live in Portland to and have a food blog! I too am obsessed with reading them and like yourself- am only in my tender early 20s-

    How long have you been here? (In Portland I mean)

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE Wegmans. That's a spiritual experience, really. Have some of their doughnuts for me, if you can.

     
  • At 2:23 AM, Blogger Hungry Hedonist said…

    Where did you go, $10/hr foodie?

    Btw, love Wegman's.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home