$10/hr foodie

a food blog for cheapskates!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

spaghetti with green garlic


spaghetti with green garlic
Originally uploaded by katez0r.
I saw this on the Amateur Gourmet a few days ago. He always has wonderful, simple pasta dishes. I let Charlie cook the spaghetti because he always gets it just right, and I always overcook it. I can bake up a storm, but I can't cook pasta properly. I suspect there is something wrong with me. In any case this yummy pasta has green garlic, shallots, lots of olive oil, a splash of sherry, a bit of butter, and my current obsession, lemon zest. With a salad of plain ol' lettuce from Charlie's mom's garden.

We said 'mmmmmmmmm' and 'yummm' a lot during this dinner. so, so good.

I read about a lot of complicated foods out in the blog world, and while they always sound wonderful, I can't help but just be in love with simple meals made with high quality ingredients. Or maybe I just hate to do the dishes.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home