$10/hr foodie

a food blog for cheapskates!

Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm in need of posting here! I have had many fabulous taste sensations over the past few days that I need to take a few moments to pause and consider and write about. I'm simply salivating over my treats at Ken's (awesome) Artisan Bakery, Sahagun Chocolates, lattes and apricot scones, tall, dark pints of Deschutes Brewery's Black Butte Porter, Horse Brass fries, and the most fun thing yet: Zach's Hot Dog Shack!

Hopefully I'll get to do a decent update about all of the aforementioned places, but I'm working extra hours this week, and I might actually study sometime. If you need some entertainment I'd suggest reading the most insane post about a 22 course meal from a very funny lady. The Resturant Whore doesn't know it, but we're a little bit in love.

At the end of this week you can expect a cake for Charlie's birthday. Vanilla layered with the lavender blackberry jam from the farmer's market, a simple buttercream frosting, and I'm even going to decorate it! I've been planning this cake for weeks, and I'm so excited that I can finally make it! Life is hard when you are fantasizing about cakes to be baked.

Now I think I'll indulge in a lemon-ginger muffin, and an iced latte from the coffee shop down the block. mmm stumptown!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home